Top Social

DermaQuest | Review

Sunday 14 May 2017

I am going to start off by apologising, I know it has been quite a while since I last posted and I am making no excuses but I have been extremely busy (busy may be an understatement) and this may be the case for the coming few weeks, although I will try my very best to post as often as I can.
Today's post is one that I have been extremely excited to write. A few weeks ago I was sent a bunch of stuff from DermaQuest and of course I wasn't going to tell you my thoughts until I had tried the products out and that is exactly what I've been doing for the past few weeks.

I wasn't expecting any miracles but around the time I was sent these products I had a painful breakout and I had an inkling that this pesky little thing was going to turn into a mountain overnight if I didn't do something about the unwanted guest pronto! I applied the BHA Spot Treatment on the breakout before I went to bed and I am telling no lies, I woke up to a totally dried out spot, of course it was still slightly visible but it was totally dried out and wasn't causing any pain. If there was one product I could compare to this it would have to be the Mario Badesco Drying Lotion and I have sworn by this product for years! It's main ingredient is Salicylic Acid, which, if like me you've suffered from acne in the past, you will be extremely familiar with.

Another product I was sent was the SheerZinc SPF 30. If there's one product you NEED to have in your skincare routine it's SPF, regardless of whether the sun's out or not, the UV rays will always find a way. I have absolutely loved using this. It is a cream formula but it is extremely light on the skin, now I have really oily skin but this hasn't made me excessively oily or left any white residue, which is great because the last thing you want to do is look like a zombie out in the sun. This offers UVA and UVB protection. Also if you're someone that uses acids on your skin, whether it's hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid or any other acid, SPF is always a must!
Ultraviolet radiation from the sun (UVA and UVB) damage the skin, age it prematurely and increase the chances of skin cancer, which is why SPF is so essential in your daily skincare.
As you all know I am someone that has suffered from severe acne in the past, which is why I try not to use new products because you never really know how your skin will react. None of the products I was sent have made me breakout or caused any irritation.

Lastly I was sent the Essential B5 Hydrating Serum. Now I know you guys must be thinking why on earth is this girl using so many hydrating products when she already has oily skin. Just because you have oily skin doesn't necessarily mean your skin is hydrated. Your skin will always need hydration, whether it's in the form of a cream, serum or just you drinking water regularly. I love having a serum in my skincare routine and this little gem contains Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid and Vitamin B5.
Vitamin B5 is known to hydrate the skin but is also a natural healer and protector of the skin.
One gram of Hyaluronic Acid can hold up to six litres of water and as we age our skin loses it's natural ability to retain moisture and that's where Hyaluronic Acid can help. As well as hydrating the skin, Hyaluronic Acid revitalises the layers of your skin and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Ferulic Acid is naturally found in seeds of fruits such as apples, oranges and even in some vegetables, nuts and grains, where it plays a vital role in the plants' protection and self preservation. It helps fight against the free-radical damage that contributes to ageing. It basically helps slow down the clocks when it comes to ageing.
The Essential B5 Hydrating Serum from DermaQuest contains all three ingredients, so you know it's a load of magic in a bottle. This product has made my skin extremely smooth and so naturally glowy (and I am bloody loving it). It really is hydrating but very lightweight at the same time. The serum has a pump, which is always useful because it means you won't waste any product, one pump of this is more than enough to cover your whole face. It's also won the Best Daily Serum Award at the Beauty Shortlist Awards 2017 and I can't say I'm surprised, because it is incredible. Definitely my favourite out of the lot.

Honestly, I can't praise these products enough. I genuinely wasn't expecting any miracles when I received these products, but they really have helped transform my skin and have become such an essential part of my skincare. I will definitely be purchasing the SheerZinc SPF 30 and the Hydrating Serum once I run out because I am obsessed! Another thing I loved about the products was the packaging, I am a sucker for anything minimal. DermaQuest caters for a whole range of skincare concerns, whether it's ageing, acne, pigmentation. They literally have a product for everything.
When it comes to skincare, everyone reacts differently to products so it is extremely important to do your research and avoid any products that contain ingredients that you may be sensitive to. Finding products that work perfectly for you is an ongoing journey, some things may work and some may not but doing your research and being patient is essential to your own personal journey.

DermaQuest Essential B5 Hydrating Serum - available here
DermaQuest SheerZinc SPF 30 - available here
DermaQuest BHA Spot Treatment - available here

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Yogita x


*Products featured in this post were kindly sent to me. Please refer to the Disclaimer page for more information.

Post Comment
Post a Comment