Top Social

Kylie Cosmetics | Review, Swatches + Customs

Sunday 4 June 2017

Hello my lovelies! I know it's been quite a while and I am extremely sorry, unfortunately things are only getting busier for me, but I do hope to get back into the swing of things in the coming weeks! 

I am starting this post with an extremely heavy heart because of the incidents that occurred here, in London last night. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone, not just the people of London. An attack like this is an attack on humanity and it's heartbreaking. What could anyone possibly get out of hurting and instilling fear in innocent people? The one thing that is beautiful to witness is the kindness, the kindness of people towards absolute strangers and the courage from our emergency services, it's incredible. Please stay safe and try and help those around you if you are in a position to do so.

Today's post is one that I was extremely excited to write (I'm pretty sure I say that about every post I write, but I really am excited). I received my first Kylie Cosmetics order not too long ago! I know I'm a little late but as I said before things are only getting busier for me which means I'm a little late when it comes to hopping on the bandwagon. Now, I bloody love Kylie Jenner, I am no-one to judge, I don't care what she's done to her lips (she didn't borrow my lips, so why should it bother me?), I don't care who she's dating (she isn't dating my boyfriend, so why should it bother me?), I don't care what she's wearing (It isn't my nip that she's flashing, so why should it bother me?), I think she's beautiful and I think it's great that she's built such a solid empire at such a young age. My love for her is one of the reasons why I wanted to get my hands on her Lipkits!
I purchased the Lipkits in Dolce K, Pumpkin, Ginger and Exposed and was kindly sent the So Cute gloss as my order took a little longer than usual to arrive, which was a lovely little surprise!


I have to talk about the packaging because I absolutely love it. It's very minimal, which, if you know me you'll know is right up my street. I am someone that loves hoarding pretty packaging, I really don't know why because I doubt I'll get much use out of an empty box that can barely hold a lipliner, let's be real, but you can bet a pretty penny that I'll be keeping these boxes hah!

The formula of these liquid lipsticks and the lipliners is incredible, definitely the best I've come across, the lipliners are pigmented and as are the liquid lipsticks, but they are a serious workout to remove, which in my opinion is great because it means you won't have to reapply throughout the day. They come off pretty easily with oil based makeup removers, which is what I personally use and would definitely recommend you do the same, otherwise we'll be here all week trying to get these off! I am aware that a lot of people compare these to the Colourpop liquid lipsticks just because they're made in the same factory and have the same formula (I have been told), but I much prefer Kylie's formula, which means there has to be something different about them right? The Lipkits are lot easier to wear and don't feel heavy on your lips whereas the Colourpop liquid lipsticks, as beautiful as they are, are a lot heavier on the lips and I can't stand it when I can feel things on my skin.

When it comes to liquid lipsticks in general, I exfoliate my lips with a lip scrub and moisturise them with a lip balm immediately after exfoliating and blot them a little to take off any excess lip balm with a piece of tissue paper, just to prevent any dryness or flakiness. I've found that taking these steps prior to applying liquid lipsticks means that the overall application is a lot smoother and the colour lasts a lot longer.


Top-bottom (lipliner and then the corresponding liquid lipstick): Dolce K, Pumpkin, Ginger, Exposed and gloss in So Cute

In the tubes Pumpkin and Ginger look very similar but are a little different when applied. Pumpkin is a lot more on the orange side and Ginger is a little more brown. The So Cute gloss is a little pale on it's own but over a darker lipliner, it is absolutely stunning. It isn't sticky or uncomfortable on the skin, I'm not a gloss kind of person but I absolutely love this formula. My favourite out of the bunch has to be Exposed, it is the most beautiful nude shade I have ever come across and would probably look insane on any skin tone. The applicator is your bog standard doe foot applicator but it doesn't cause any streakiness or unevenness when applying the liquid lipsticks and are really soft on the skin.

I know you may be thinking $29 (£22) is a lot for a liquid lipstick and lipliner but if you think about it, a Mac liquid lipstick is £17.50 and a lipliner is £13 (£30.50 in total for the two), which is a lot more than £22 for a lipliner and liquid lipstick. Also, considering the formula, I think these are totally worth the money. The formula is beautiful and pigmented, the lipliners are extremely creamy and so easy to work with.


Customs

Now on to the topic that no-one really wants to talk about, but want to know everything about. Customs 😱 You have to pay customs on any goods that are ordered from outside the EU that you have paid more than £15 for and also an £8 service charge from Royal Mail if the goods are delivered by them. Always keep this in mind when purchasing from abroad because the last thing you want is a hefty customs bill you weren't expecting, on top of what you've already paid for your items.
I was charged customs on the basis that I paid full price for the items, which is incorrect as I purchased the lipkits during a promotion. You can fill in a form along with a copy of proof of purchase and any other documents you may feel are relevant if you believe you have paid too much. The form can be downloaded here. Make sure you pay the customs charges asap just to avoid your items being sent back. The reason I was charged customs on the basis that I paid full price is because the people at Kylie Cosmetics filled in the customs declaration on the outer packaging incorrectly, so I will be filling in the form that I mentioned above so that the mistake can be rectified and I will keep you posted on the progress because I know how confusing customs can be. 
I really hope large companies such as Kylie Cosmetics and Colourpop recognise the problems that customs declarations can make and start filling in the customs declarations as they are on your purchase order, because it means avoiding all the hassle of getting reimbursements for any excess payments you have made for customs. You can read more on customs here.

Customs Update

As you guys know I did fill in the Customs form mentioned above just a little while after I received my Kyle Cosmetics order. I received a letter and a cheque rectifying the miscalculated customs charge, so I would definitely say it is well worth filling the form out and sending it off with your proof of purchase, photocopies of the customs charges that you paid and copies of any other documents you feel may be relevant. Although it did take a long time to get processed, I'm so glad the mistake was rectified because the customs charges for some of these orders are horrendous especially when they are miscalculated! 

Another thing I would like to mention is where to purchase Kylie Cosmetics products, especially here in the UK. 
I get asked about this so much and all I can say is DO NOT purchase Kylie Cosmetics products from anywhere other than their official website. There are so many fake websites and people selling fakes that contain ingredients that are harmful. Please be aware.

Taking into account the price, customs, delivery etc. Do I think these Lipkits are worth it? Hell yeah! I definitely want to get my hands on more of them and also the eyeshadow palettes!

I really hope you guys found this post helpful. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me via my social media links, which are provided at the top of my blog or through the comments section below.

Official Kylie Cosmetics website
Kylie Cosmetics Lipkits - available here
Kylie Cosmetics Glosses - available here

Please be safe and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Yogita x



Post Comment
Post a Comment