Top Social

Beauty Bay Haul | Skincare

Saturday 17 February 2018
Hi guys! Today‘s post is a quick Beauty Bay (or as I like to call them, Beauty Bae) haul. They had a promotion, where it basically meant the more you spend, the more £££ you get off your order, this was for a show on tv called ‘Survival of the Fittest’, which Beauty Bay are sponsoring. Now, I don’t watch the show but boy am I grateful it brought along this promo! I took full advantage and bought a few things that I’ve wanted to try for a very long time and a repurchase.

 
It is a little bit of a skincare heavy haul, but I’m someone that likes to invest more in my skincare than in my makeup. I did however, pick up one haircare product and that is the Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield. You can never rely on the British Weather and that means my frizz ball is prone to going crazy in the rain and humidity and I read some great reviews on this product so I thought why the hell not?! I’ll give it a try. 

I also picked up the Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre, now this is a moisturiser that is a little pricey but bloody amazing and well worth every penny. I had totally forgotten how much I loved this and I am sure you have heard a lot about this product because everyone and their cats love this. It’s a great base for makeup and a great moisturiser on bare skin. It keeps my skin looking healthy and keeps my skin hydrated pretty much all day. I love using this after cleansing in the evening and leaving it on overnight.

Now the next two products are the ones I am most excited about because I’ve read some great reviews and I’ve heard nothing but great things about them, not to forget the wonders they claim to work. So I purchased the NIOD Sanskrit Saponins which, with continued use claims to ‘target all forms of build up, blemishes, congestion and impurities. It is suitable for all skin types. After the first use, SS leaves the skin looking nearly pore-free and its surface exceptionally cleaned, as if its radiating from within’, now if that doesn’t sell it to you, I don’t know what will. The fact that this product is made with unrefined ayurvedic ingredients is a massive selling point to me (that’s the Indian in me coming through). This is in no way a makeup remover, makeup should be removed before using this. I love that this product is kind of multi functional because it can be used as a mask (that’s my Saturday night sorted). I honestly cannot wait to use this because who the hell wouldn’t want pore free skin that looks like it is radiating from within?! 
The second NIOD product I purchased is the Mastic Must. This product is ‘a transparent masque for efficient, yet inocuous, cleaning and visible refinement of pores and impurities, resulting in immediate and maintainable visible reduction in both the number and the size of pores’. I think it’s pretty obvious that pores were the selling point for me when purchasing both these NIOD products. The way this one works is a little bizarre, which just makes me want to try it out even more. You need to apply this product to your face in the morning, leave it on for 10 minutes, rinse with warm water and although not essential it is recommended that you dry your face with a blowdryer, apparently this will help enhance the results of using this product. Crazy right? As crazy as it sounds, I will try this out and let you guys know how I get on. To say that I am excited about this is an understatement.

I also purchased The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%. This is a product I was meaning to try for a very long time. Less for the anti ageing properties and more so for the brightening properties. I’ve used it twice already this week and I can already see the difference, my skin is definitely a lot brighter and it hasn’t caused any sensitivity or breakouts. The Ordinary is such an inexpensive yet effective skincare brand as it is and I’ve never used a product from their brand that I don’t love. This has definitely got a thumbs up from me. So far so good!

And last but not least. I purchased the Mario Badescu Glycolic Eye Cream. I’m not someone that suffers from wrinkles or dark under eyes so when I purchase eye creams, I usually just purchase them to avoid getting any problems with my under eyes in the future. This cream claims to target visible signs of ageing, smooths the look of fine lines and wrinkles and encourages brighter, younger looking under eyes. I use this before I go to bed because it does make my eyes water a little. My Mum has been testing this out with me and she loves it because she has quite a bit of dryness around her eyes and she has said it’s the best eye cream she has ever used (she has tried a lot to target the dryness around her eyes, so that says something), and to be fair I can totally see the difference around her eyes. Dry skin around the eyes can be a little ageing so if you suffer from dry skin around the eyes, I would totally recommend this, plus it’s Mum approved. My skin is the total opposite to my mum’s and although my skin is oily, I still like to keep my skin hydrated and this has helped keep my eye area hydrated and bright. A little goes a long way with this one!

I had to pop this photo on here because packaging is a huge thing for me (call me sad), but can we just appreciate the packaging of the NIOD products? I mean HELLO.

NIOD Sanskrit Saponins - available here
NIOD Mastic Must - available here
Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre - available here
Mario Badescu Glycolic Eye Cream - this is sold out, sorry guys!
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension - available here
Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield - available here

I hope you guys enjoyed this post as much as I loved writing it and I shall see you sooner rather than later. 
I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

Yogita x












Post Comment
Post a Comment